WELL I DON;T KNOW IF IT WAS ME OR THE GOOD FAIRY THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM BUT I WILL TRY TO ACCESS MY feeble memory as to what I did to try fixing the problem.
first I did the steps that were described in the response except rather than using the properties I
used the tag editor GUI
the fields would have toms name in the fields which didn't surprise me at first as I had just finished recording him
but when I put the gangs name in the record start box I kind of expected that they would be on the resultant recorded tracks (title field & maybe the artist field ) it got my attention.
I used the copy function of the tag editor after selecting all of the new tracks and making sure that the initial fields within the tagger did not have toms name in them
I then would bring up the tagger either by right clicking or pressing F2
the only thing I can remember doing for sure was taking all of Tom's files out of the "work" directory (I believe you call it the output directory and stored them in a new directory that was not downstream of the jaksta directory structure
sorry I couldn't be of further help
From William Mitchell @ 24 Dec 2016 09:12